World of Warcraft: Blizzard Releases New Patch for MMORPG
Some believe that World of Warcraft is still the number one MMORPG. Of course, there are those who will rebut this idea by saying that Star Wars – The Old Republic may already be closing in if it has not yet taken over the throne. WoW will not go down without a fight apparently, however, because Blizzard is still trying to improve it.
Patch 4.3.2 has just been released and it comes with a several improvements. The ‘Need’ rewards (while going through Raid Finder bosses) fix is just one of many.
Here are just some of the changes that will be implemented with the new patch.
- Vengeance will no longer be activated by other gamers causing you damage.
- Hawk Aspect provides an additional 35% attack power.
- Deterrence reduces damage by 30% when active.
- Lock and Load is no longer beneficial to Arcane Shot.
- With Mages, Fireball damage is reduced by about 6%.
- With Paladins, Holy Radiance is now 40% of base manna, experiencing a 5% increase.
- With Rogues, Adrenaline Rush will no longer activate global cool down.
These are just some of the changes that involve character. In dungeons and raids, you are now able to form same-faction raids together with some Real ID friends. There are also a lot of typo fixes in the Dungeon Journal Entries for Dragon Soul. It is a relief that these things are not neglected. Gamers can, however, no longer win an item all over again.
There are a lot of other changes in the Dungeons and Raids but let us move on to other stuff. For example the Vials of Shadows damage is reduced to about a third of the usual. The effects of the Maw of the Dragonlord, on the other hand, can be activated by Holy Word – Sanctuary healing.
The Mature Language filter reset issue is now fixed and there will a notice 15 minutes prior to disconnection due to parental controls.
Has World of Warcraft lost its MMORPG crown? Or is it just killing itself slowly.