Kingdoms of Amalur – Reckoning: Boost Your Skills Without Going Bankrupt
In Amalur – Reckoning, trainers are basically NPS who can help you boost your skill by 1. This can only be allowed to happen, however, if you have already reached a certain level with that skill. You cannot be “trained” if you are not skilled enough or if you are actually skilled for the trainers.
Skill books may be randomized but trainers are not except on some special instances. So if you can meet the requirements and own enough gold, you can elicit the help of trainers in skill improvement. Once you are within the skill level range that qualifies you for a trainer then take advantage of it. If not, your move up may get very expensive because you may have to fate-weave to get a skill point to buy. There are three tiers of trainers. They are basic, journeyman, and master. Each of these trainer tiers is able to provide you with the help you need at a certain skill level.
Here are the different skills (alchemy, blacksmithing and detect hidden), the skill levels (0-3. 4-6. 7-9) and the available trainers and required quests:
- (0 to 3) Lyceum Grove in City of Ysa or Molly Janick in Blue Bear Tavern in Emaire (western Forsaken Plain)
- (4 to 6) Scholia Arcana academy in Rathir
- (7 to 9) Conni in Seawatch. You have to rebuild the SeaWatch Castle first as a mission.
- (0 to 3) Shieldring Keep or United Merchants Delegation in City of Ysa
- (4 to 6) Efyr Dynnwel at Ironfast Keep in Menetyre; You have to finish the Master’s quest first.
- (7 to 9) Ragnar Senn in Mel Senshir
- (0 to 3) Gorhart Inn or Embassy Hall in City of Ysa
- (4 to 6) Sun Camp in Detyre. This will depend on how you do on the Traveler’s chain quest.
- (7 to 9) Ney Csalan in Mel Senshir